Dacia noastra
Keywords

HOMEOPATIE  fizica  

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Pastrati adresa Dacia noastra pe site-ul dvs. de bookmarking social

Bookmark and share the address of Dacia noastra on your social bookmarking website

Is there such a thing as perfect enjoyment (supreme happiness) in the world or not? 

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there such a thing as perfect enjoyment (supreme happiness) in the world or not? 

Post by Atena on Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:02 pm

' Is there such a thing as perfect enjoyment (supreme happiness) in the world or not? … What the world of society honors is riches, dignities, longevity, and being deemed able. What it delights in is bodily rest, rich flavors, fine garments, beautiful colors, and pleasant music. It looks down on poverty, lowly condition, short life and being deemed feeble…. If people don’t get the wanted things, they are sorrowful and troubled. Their thoughts are all about the body. Are they not silly? … As to what common people do and what they find their happiness in, I don’t know whether the happiness is really happiness or not. I see them in their pursuit of it, racing around as though they couldn’t stop—they all say they’re happy with it. But what they call happiness would not be so to me. Yet I do not say that there is no happiness in it. I take inaction to be true happiness, but ordinary people think it is a bitter thing. It is said (or: I say): the highest happiness has no [self-conscious] happiness…. Heaven does nothing and thence comes its serenity. Earth does nothing and thence comes its rest. By the union of these two inactivities, all things are produced. How vast and imperceptible is the process! It seems to come from nowhere! How imperceptible and vast! … Hence it is said: “Heaven and Earth do nothing, and yet there is nothing that they do not do.” [cf.Tao Te Ching, ch. 48] (xviii.1)

'The five colors can blind one’s eyes. The five tones can deafen one’s ears. The five flavors can dull one’s taste buds. The pursuit of pleasures can derange one’s mind. The hard-to-get valuables can distort one’s behavior. Therefore, a saint cultivates himself with virtues and does not indulge himself in sensory pleasures. He rejects those outer temptations and chooses this True Nature. ' Lao Tzu - Tao Te Ching

Atena
Admin

Numarul mesajelor : 197
Localizare : Terra
Reputatie : 8
Data de inscriere : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum